We are dedicated to providing authentic and comprehensive yoga education with the aim of fostering holistic well-being. Our primary objective is to uplift the lives of individuals and communities to achieve physical, mental, and spiritual balance through the integration of Iyengar yoga practices, Ayurveda, and Indian philosophy.
OUR VISION IS –
OUR MISSION IS – To uplift the lives of individuals and communities through safe, effective and sustainable Yoga practices.
1. Educational Excellence:
– Offer high-quality yoga education based on the Iyengar system, focusing on precision, alignment, and the philosophical foundations of yoga.
– Provide diverse programs catering to Women, Officers, Soldiers and Recruits and their families ensuring a pathway for continuous learning and growth.
2. Holistic Approach:
– Integrate Ayurveda, Indian philosophy, and cultural elements into our curriculum, offering a holistic approach to well-being.
3. Modern Integration:
-Utilize modern communication channels and embrace technology to enhance the learning experience while maintaining the authenticity of traditional principles. This ensures we reach out to a wider audience and share the wisdom of yoga.
Our study calendar is divided into 3 seasons. The syllabus in all classes are planned keeping in mind the best practices in each of these season
Selecting the right Iyengar Yoga classes
Choosing the right class makes all the difference. A word of advice – it is always better to begin at Beginner level if one is not sure. You are welcome to join our classes at any season or any month in the calendar year. Book your classes here
Beginners (45 minutes)
Low intensity sessions to develop a foundation in Iyengar Yoga. Useful in developing strength, recovery, flexibility and breath control.
- Beginners in Iyengar Yoga
- Students who have had a break from Yoga practice & are returning back
- Recovering from minor injuries & health problems
- Lifestyle & stress management
Beginners+ (60 minutes)
Medium Intensity classes for posture correction, balance, flexibility, breath control & rejuvenation. Dedicated pranayama classes included
- Students with foundational knowledge of Yogasanas
Medium to High Intensity sessions for Alignment, Balance, Cardio Strength &breath control with dedicated pranayama classes included
- Students who have practiced in Beginner classes for at least 12 months at Shriyog
OTHER SPECIAL BATCHES
Asana & Pranayama
Gen-Next (kids & teens)
Advice and Cautions for all classes
- You are responsible for your own safety. Listen to all the instructions carefully in class
- If you are menstruating certain asanas are not suitable so please consult the teacher at the beginning of the class.
- Some of our classes are not suitable for pregnant women or for people with certain medical conditions. If you think that this might apply to you it is essential that you contact us for advice on yoga classes that would best suit your needs.
- If your medical condition changes you must inform us in advance of class.
- This classes serve as an essential practice of Iyengar Yoga for students and is expressly not intended to be construed as a teacher training program.
- The rights of admission are reserved with the Shriyog management.
Do we need Props in Yoga practice?
All props are provided free of charge in all our classes at the institute
Bricks – Bricks are recommended for novice practitioner who struggle to sit straight for short period of time. It is helpful to buy a brick with the right dimension and right material. Wooden brick is recommended to the foam ones.
Belts – Belts are helpful for senior citizens and students with injury to stay longer in a restorative pose and gain maximum benefits of the pose. Belt is a must have even in advanced level classes due to its various uses.
Chair- A yoga chair has the right dimension that helps to put any type of body in the correct asana without injury. It’s a great help for people to get into some difficult poses in a safe and easy manner.
Blankets – The blankets used for practise have a certain thickness and texture which help in yoga practise. The material of the blankets plays a vital role so the student doesn’t slip on sink in his asanas.